Also posted at the Facebook group, I made myself this cute progress chart to keep track of where I am in all my various projects for current pen names. I’m working on Metal Gladiator this week and next!
It looks like I last posted to this blog in Jan. 2020. Well. This has been a couple of years, hasn’t it?
I’ve got the site spiffed up and all the new stuff added, primarily:
- Thorn & Rose – free for download and also $0.99 on Amazon
- Metal Gladiator up for preorder!
- New Shifter Agents story – Jewel Bright
- New cover and edits for Merry & Bright (free on Bookfunnel, also now on Amazon)
The FAQ has also been updated to answer a question I’ve had a few times:
Q. Are you done with Shifter Agents?
No! I plan more books in the series. I was going to take a brief pause, write Warriors of Galatea, and then go back to it, but … *waves hands at the State of the World* It has taken me WAY longer than I planned, but I still have at least 3 more Shifter Agents books planned, including at least one more at the Seattle bureau and a possible Shifter Agents Arizona spinoff. After Metal Gladiator (coming in 2022), I plan to switch back to Shifter Agents again.
So that’s where we are! I didn’t plan on a 2-year hiatus, but life does happen, and I really appreciate everyone’s patience! Metal Gladiator will wrap up Warriors of Galatea for now, and then I’ll get back to the series that has always been my starting point and heart.
Oh, and it looks like WordPress has polls now, so let’s try one, just for fun!
It’s 2017! Where did my word count go??
As you may have noticed, I haven’t had a book out since May. That is, shall we say, not how I planned things. The Noah book has been a really slow one to write, plus it’s turning out to be one of the long ones (I’m optimistically aiming for 120K now, about the same length as Guard Wolf; this is up from an original estimate of 60K).
During the times I’m stuck on Tiger, I’ve been working on side projects. The result is that I’m now hip-deep in half-finished novels and short stories in the Shifter Agents universe. If all goes well, 2017 should be a bonanza. It’s just a matter of finishing things.
Besides Noah’s book, the other projects I’m currently working on are:
- A spinoff series involving the Valeria from Dragon’s Luck (this one is really more urban fantasy and will probably be four books long).
- Another spinoff series that is going to be a series of stand-alone novellas about human men and shifter ladies – the first one involves a curvy shifter bartender and a guy who hunts rogue shifters for a living (sort of a shifter bounty hunter) who shows up in her town looking for a shifter criminal. The idea is that these will be shorter, fairly quick to write, and can come out in between the longer books.
- A short-ish casefile story set between Dragon’s Luck and Tiger, along the lines of Chasing Bigfoot.
- A side story tentatively titled Risk Factor, set during Tiger and involving some of the other agents, which is basically a subplot I couldn’t squeeze into the main book (I mean, it’s already going to be at least 120K words; it didn’t need to be 150K instead).
In addition to that, I’ve tentatively plotted the Shifter Agents series out until book 8 or 9. So, uh, lots more books coming! I just have to write them!
And on that front, here’s how all of those are currently looking, thanks to some handy little word-count status meters from Writertopia.
Shifter Agents #4 – Noah & Peri’s book
Valeria spin-off series – Book 1
Shifter lady/bounty hunter novella
Casefile story – post-Dragon’s Luck
“Risk Factor” (Tiger deleted subplot)
Final word counts are, of course, tentative. Whatever finishes first will be published first! Right now I expect it’s probably going to be the bartender/bounty hunter one followed by Tiger. The Valeria spinoff will definitely not be first, because Tiger sets up a couple of necessary plot things for it.